It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm

Post subject: One Way - Gandhi's View
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

This is in reference to the Deccan Chronicle's article Gandhi’s Hinduism on 02.10.2008. Vivekanada is right that the heartbeat of India is its God consciousness. But we are not living up to our national motto, Satyameva Jayate (Truth Alone Triumphs). In saying, “God is not encased in a safe to be approached only through a little hole in it, but through billions of holes all around,” Gandhi is obviously alluding to the Christian Missionary’s contention that we can approach the all supreme God only through one mediator, the man Jesus Christ. The truth that all have sinned and it is our sin that has separated man from God seems to be eluding the majority of us in India. Men are systematically led to believe that God is just there for the asking. In other words, he is just round the corner. But on the other hand, it is in conforming to the one way that God has set out for him that man shows himself to be humble—the greatest virtue in the kingdom of God. If the rulers of this world have protocol, how much more, God!

To Conform at all is to become Humble!

The caterpillar must CONFORM to the little hole in the pupa in order to be TRANSFORMED into a butterfly. Non-conformists (those who seek difference for the sake of difference) are but rebels. "Rebellion in the light of justice is black, but in the light of love it is devilish" (Charles Spurgeon). With such a great cloud of witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ abounding, i was persuaded about my sure sins and humbled myself to conform (believe). Though i was illumined about the SAVIOR in 1977, it was only in 1989 that i CONFORMED with all Christians in the Waters of Baptism. It was only after i put my trust (believed) in the Lord Jesus Christ that i came to know anything that is worth knowing. Dr. Billy Graham correctly said: "It is not after knowing that we believe. It is after believing that we come to know." "And this is eternal life that they know the Father and Jesus Christ, whom He sent" (Jn17:3).

OfflineProfile  
 [ 1 post ]