రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם
"He who eats this bread will live forever" (Jn6:58b;1:1,14)

Skyfeast eCommunion: A new liturgy on flextime basis
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index What Christians believe (Theology) Israel & the new man!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:00 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Israel & the new man!

"The inheritance promises that God gave to Abraham were made effective through Christ, Abraham's True Seed. These promises were not and cannot be made effective through sinful man's keeping of God's law. Rather, the promise of an inheritance is made to those only who have faith in Jesus, the True Heir of Abraham. All spiritual benefits are derived from Jesus, and apart from him there is no participation in the promises. Since Jesus Christ is the Mediator of the Abrahamic Covenant, all who bless him and his people will be blessed of God, and all who curse him and his people will be cursed of God. These promises do not apply to any particular ethnic group, but to the church of Jesus Christ, the true Israel. The people of God, whether the church of Israel in the wilderness in the Old Testament or the Israel of God among the Gentile Galatians in the New Testament, are one body who through Jesus will receive the promise of the heavenly city, the everlasting Zion. This heavenly inheritance has been the expectation of the people of God in all ages." (Source: http://www.ifamericansonlyknew.com/cur_sit/wdoor.html)

I think we can use some scripture here. I am not so much interested in tradition if it does not line up with scripture, where the words of Jesus Christ supersede Paul's in the event of a mismatch.

'Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!" ' (John 1:47). This tells us that there is something like a true Israel and a false Israel.

"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God." (Romans 2:28-29)

"For we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh." (Philippians 3:3).

Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. (Ephesians 2:11-16)

Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. "The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all) ..." (Acts 10:34 ff).

"Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing the fruit of it." (Matthew 21:43).

As He says also in Hosea, "I WILL CALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, `MY PEOPLE,' AND HER WHO WAS NOT BELOVED, `BELOVED.' "AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, `YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,' THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD." Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED; FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY." And just as Isaiah foretold, "UNLESS THE LORD OF SABAOTH HAD LEFT TO US A POSTERITY, WE WOULD HAVE BECOME LIKE SODOM, AND WOULD HAVE RESEMBLED GOMORRAH." (Romans 9:25-29)

For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:11-13)

Now the important question that cites Romans 11:25-27:

"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved (???????????); just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

Note carefully the assumptions that Paul makes in Romans 11:16 --
"If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too. "

In his theology Paul does not take into account the corruption that can infiltrate the lump. As for the root the root is Christ and all those who will abide in Christ till the end will be saved. For it is written in Galatians 3:16, "Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ." And also in John 15:1, "I am the true vine..."

And we know that Mary was not holy to begin with for she herself called on God her Savior (Luke 1:47).

So God's plan for the people of Israel rests in the new-man!

As to whether God's law has been nullified in view of the new found faith in Christ. Paul says, "May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law" (Romans 3:31).

God is love and therefore His character naturally dictates love. We cannot love enough. We have to love with all our heart, mind and soul and strength. Nothing more is required. That is the will of God. And Salvation is conditional on us keeping that will.

Love has always been God's dictum. But the Law could not give us salvation, not because it was not perfect, as we know it is indeed (Psalm 19:7); rather because "weak as it was through the flesh" (Romans 8:3). We were not even able to love to the extent of the four walls of our own heart, mind, soul and strength. Then Christ came along and renewed us and gave us the Holy Spirit (Paraclete) as a Helper, Counselor and Comforter to be doers of the Law and enter life.

~Most of our problems will be solved if only we yield our freewill to the Lord's will.~

Last edited by Caleb on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:19 am
Caleb
Site Admin

Telugu as Kingdom's state language

Thus says the Lord of all: The State Language for the Kingdom of God will henceforth be తెలుగు /Telugu/泰卢固/Телугу/טלוגו, and the Global Federal of Christocracy will be located in Rottelaillu, Vijayawada, Andhra, India. (Exegesis of status quo + Matthew 21:33-44 (instant) when i prayed for His will for http://Rottelaillu.org/ )

Matthew 21:33-44
Quote:
"Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. 34 Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit. 35 And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them. 37 Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, "They will respect my son.' 38 But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, "This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' 39 So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40 "Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?" 41 They said to Him, "He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons." 42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes'? 43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder."

~Most of our problems will be solved if only we yield our freewill to the Lord's will.~
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 am
Caleb
Site Admin

Bride/Church = True Israel

An excellent post by הביטחון נאמן (Security Trustee) wrote:

Quote:
‎"Many resist the truth that the nation of Israel, which kept the law (Torah) by faith until the kingdom came, and the church, which keeps the law of the Spirit by faith until the King returns, are the same nation." -Ron Mosby

In the Old Testament (Tanakh), Israel lived by faith in the purity of what the Torah, Prophets, and Writings said waiting for Messiah to come while the true Church (Bride of Christ) is living by faith till Messiah comes again, but BOTH foundations of the Word of God is the same....

The true 'Jews' and 'nation of Israel' are the same as the true 'Church' and 'Bride' of the true Messiah. Both are a peculiar and royal set-apart people. Both are made into ONE new man if they are found in Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus, the Christ).

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: