రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם
"He who eats this bread will live forever" (Jn6:58b;1:1,14)

Skyfeast eCommunion: A new liturgy on flextime basis
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index What Christians believe (Theology) Is ministry more important than family?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm
Administrator
Site Admin

Is ministry more important than family?

I am one of those who believes ministry is more important than family. No doubt, if you cannot manage your own household, you cannot manage God's household either (1Tim3:5). But that does not negate the fact that first should come God, second ministry, third family; fourth others; fifth me (1 Cor 7:32-35). Putting God first and not putting ministry second is giving God only lip-service. These days a whole lot of things get written-off as "ministry to family" so much so that finally you give only leftovers to ministry/God. Remember that service/ministry is worship (Rom12:1NASB). If you are not sacrificing (even your family) you are not worshipping. Therefore, it is first God (ministry), second family... The problem today is that American pastors have carried individualism to a perverted level. Wikipedia describes Individualism as the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that stresses "the moral worth of the individual". Individualistic pastors promote the exercise of one's goals and desires and so value self-worth, that it is at the expense of the interests of the Lord and the Church as a whole.

~All our problems will be solved if we yield our freewill to God's will~
Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 pm
Administrator
Site Admin

Can we learn something from Matthew 12:49-50

Pointing to his disciples, Jesus said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." If He had wife and children, i am sure He would have added those as well to the list.

~All our problems will be solved if we yield our freewill to God's will~
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: