రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם
"He who eats this bread will live forever" (Jn6:58b;1:1,14)

Skyfeast eCommunion: A new liturgy on flextime basis
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index Nature of God Jesus: God incarnate is Fully man ~ Fully God
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:04 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Jesus: God incarnate is Fully man ~ Fully God

I believe that Jesus was part of God as His right arm (Isaiah 53:1). When God said, "who shall go for us" and He found none, Jesus said, "I shall go." He "emptied Himself [of His divinity] taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:7). And He entered the human race and got the XY chromosome, where the X is from His mother Virgin Mary and Y of course He got it with the miracle. This is the meaning of God becoming incarnate (John 1:1,14). And reason why the Bible also says that God is masculine and that He is our Father. Also perhaps with YY, life is impossible. We also know from Medical Science that the X chromosome is where all defects in men can be traced from. Since we know Mary was a sinner needing a Savior (Luke 1:47), Mary had the defective X chromosome in her and gave it to Jesus Christ. Therefore, Jesus Christ had the sin nature, was tempted in every way (Hebrews 4:15) but He mortified the deeds of the flesh with the same power of the Holy Spirit that we have (See Romans 8:13 NKJV) and yet without sinning and became blameless. All this is something that the first Adam could not do because he did not have the Holy Spirit. But remember he too was a son of God (Luke 3:38). Please follow this link as my analysis of the Zygote of Jesus have changed: How i turned from Agnosticism to Christ

But to Jollybear's comment:
Quote:

Plus sin is in the heart, so if the nature is there, then it is already don and committed.

Not true! Temptations do come from the devil, the world as well as from the flesh/heart and we are drawn to them by our own desire. But it is only "when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death" (James 1:15).

Therefore Jesus Christ is fully man only like all of us. He had the sin nature in Him. Otherwise what's the point in calling Him holy if there was no capacity in Him to sin. If He cannot sin (period), then the question of His holiness does not arise. Because it is only when one has the Fruit of the Spirit of which self-control or the ability to mortify the flesh is a part, including all other parts like love, in order not to commit the sin of ommission, etc, etc, can one be called holy.

Moreover holiness is a requirement of the perfect sacrifice that needs to be offered at the altar at Calvary. And for the sacrifice to be perfect it has to be offered by a human being, for it can be said God does not feel pain like man. Likewise an angel. It is only when he actually felt the pain that the sacrifice becomes a sacrifice! And indeed it is a perfect sacrifice, where no man was found on earth who could perform that, what we call in the Hindu Vedas, Prayaschita Yagna (Propitiatory Sacrifice). Therefore God had to come in the form of man and offer that sacrifice. This prophecy is there even in Hindu scriptures. You are all welcome to TruthUnleashed.org where i am reaching out to the Hindus, Muslims and those of other faiths. Jesus is mentioned in the Vedas (Hindu scriptures), even before Isaiah wrote his book in 700 BC.

There were and still are many so called "gods" in the world each with their own "teachings" or shall we call "laws." And Jesus, the Son of the living God was at that time competing with all those other false gods. So as Isaiah prophesied, He would be called "Mighty God..." on account of His merit (i.e. He would prove Himself by the performance of great signs and wonders in His simple capacity as a son of a carpenter) just so that every mouth may be silenced and give all glory and honor to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob --the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. But it doesn't stop there. The signs and wonders only authenticated His teachings.

The Good News is reaching the ends of the earth and every mountain is being leveled. In other words, the living Lord Jesus Christ is still performing signs and wonders where there is still competition from false gods and where the soil has not been tilled as yet.

Finally when the News reaches the ends of the earth, as Zechariah prophesies in 14:8-9: "And in that day living waters (The Law of Christ/Spirit/Love) will flow out of Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and the other half toward the western sea; it will be in summer as well as in winter. 9 And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one."

You see that is the objective--God wants all to live with His living waters and none to perish. He had to first squash all the false gods which had nothing to offer by way of eternal life.

When all come under the feet of Jesus and His Bride, then He will hand over the reins to the Father (1 Corinthians 15:_) who is greater than He (1 Corinthians 11:3; John 14:28).

~Most of our problems will be solved if only we yield our freewill to the Lord's will.~

Last edited by Caleb on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

You might have a question similar to the one posed by BeenBlessed who wrote at Studylightforums.org:
Quote:

Admittedly, the more I try to understand the Trinity, it seems to just get harder to grasp! Confused Yet, there are three distinct 'people' mentioned - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit... and the three are One - God! I suppose that's why we hear God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit...
BB

Matthew 28:19 reads:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The fact that they go by one Name shows that there is only one God, which we all agree to.

But this is where i differ:
This one God has many Branches or should we say Arms as in a tree/body of which our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are two. The Arms work together to bring victory (Psalm 98:1).

This does not mean there is a "God the Son" or a "God the Holy Spirit." That is nonsense biblically. There is a vast difference between the terms "Son of God" and "God the Son."

The mistaken identity that Jesus being man, equaled Himself with God, was caused by the Pharisees and other chief priests because Jesus claimed to be Son of God, (which they believed as being on par with God) not God the Son. This is not to say that Jesus cannot claim to be that One God because He is part of that One God, as much as we can claim to be Christ because we are part of Christ, members of His body. And that one God is distinct from fallen creation, which can be united only in Christ, who is God incarnate, meaning, a man like all of us, though perfect. The creation had lost fellowship with God and is being reconciled through the work of the Son, who is required to be like all of us to atone for our sins, and the Holy Spirit, who is "convicting the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment" (John 16:8).

God severed Himself from His Right hand at Calvary when He found sin on it. Therefore the cry "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me." God judged Himself with the same standard that went with Jesus the Epitome of the revelation of Himself, who said, "If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off; if your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out." That Arm however had life in itself because it was innocent. Therefore it is written, "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself" (John 5:26). Now in His body, the New-man, the world is being reconciled. The Holy Spirit which was in Christ 2000 years ago is also in us doing signs and wonders, making us also as it were, sons of God. We too are gods to whom the Word of God has come (John 10:35). We are asked to be holy and perfect even as the heavenly Father is holy and perfect (Mathew, Peter). With the help of the Helper (Holy Spirit) when we do become holy so much so that we love the world and evangelize it and come together in agape love, then the end will come when Jesus will hand us over to the Father (1 Corinthians 15:24), when we with Christ will be united with God. Then we will know that the Father is in Him and He in us and we in Him (John 14:20).

That brings us to the question, what is the nature of Christ of which we are a part? Because Peter got that revelation where Paul talked about it as mysteries--the Mystery of Godliness (in Timothy), Mystery of Christ (Ephesians), the Mystery of Fellowship (Eph), Mystery of Faith (Tim), and the Mystery of the Gospel (Eph). To Peter who got the revelation of who Jesus is, namely Christ the Son of the Living God, Jesus said that He would give him the Keys to the kingdom of heaven. The Keys are none other than the five mysteries unraveled. Paul no doubt calls these as mysteries not because they are still mysteries to him but because they are so to those who are still spiritually blind.

~Most of our problems will be solved if only we yield our freewill to the Lord's will.~
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Uncle Abee wrote at StudyLightforums.org:
Quote:

God’s flesh was not sinful nor did God in the flesh have the desire to sin. He was made “like” us though. This means His flesh was weak and susceptible to sin.

What is the meaning of being "weak and susceptible to sin" if it were not to have the desire to sin?

Quote:

Having a sin nature means that one “practices” sin and not that you are born with sin.

Having merely a nature means having a particular gene in you but not necessarily having had the episodes that one can have due to that gene. In practice, it is like having in one's memory all the pleasures of sin but not having committed one.

Quote:

God brought Jesus as close to us as possible without causing Him to sin. Jesus’ flesh body had all the weaknesses ours have. Jesus did not have the desire to sin because He is God and His Spirit does not have that nature. Jesus had to understand what we go through daily. This was even worse for Jesus because that while God’s Spirit repels sin, He was in a body that was weak and susceptible to sin. He had to understand the struggle with sin we go through. The flesh part of Him wanted to give in. His Spirit sustained Him and allowed Him not to sin. This is why he sweated like great drops of blood and said “if thou be willing, remove this cup” in Luke 22:42-44. That was His weak flesh. His Spirit sustained Him and he left by saying “never the less not my will, but thine.”

Here's the difference. God in the Spirit has no problem with sin because he naturally repels it. The Spirit has no struggle with sin. God in the flesh has to use His Spirit to resist and fight off sin. Jesus had to resist temptation while He was in the flesh. In the Spirit (w/o the flesh) He has to offer no such resistance.

We all know that even OUR spirit is willing and that it is our flesh that is weak (Matthew 26:41). Since Christ is not a disembodied Spirit the question is whether He too, in totality, (Spirit + Flesh) was having the tug of war (Romans 7) within Himself? And you have said correctly that He did have the tug of war. That brings us to the question how far was His flesh similar to Adam's? We know the answer from 1 Corinthians 15:45, which reads: "So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." Since both are called Adam, we can understand the verse better by knowing the meaning of the name Adam, which means "red earth." That means their flesh is similar because both will return to dust (Genesis 3:19) unless they are redeemed (Romans 8:23).

Note that God put a hedge around Him (Job 1:10) and He was also wearing the Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) until He came of age to take upon the sins of the world through John's baptism, which was from "below/men" (cf. Matthew 21:35 -- i.e. it was not a cleansing agent but a dirtying agent with respect to Jesus). After John's baptism He became like one with every kind of sinful predisposition (i.e. with the worst sinful nature beyond Mary's sinful nature, just in order to be tempted in every way like us). But we know the Holy Spirit also descended on Him like a dove at the same time. In other words, "the fullness of God descended on Him bodily" and abided therein. Now he had all the sin nature that there is from John's baptism, which was from below and He also had all the Spirit of God, which was from above. Then God removed the hedge and He became like anyone who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Thus identifying with us and having the same powers like us when He was tempted up until the time He went to the cross.

Last edited by Caleb on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 pm
anna motupalli

Jesus: God incarnate is Fully man ~ Fully God

Jesus came with a mission to save us. He came as a man in the form of man. He lived like any of us. He overcome sin and temptation. Jesus Christ overcame and won the battle finally. All this i agree.

However, He said he is going back to the same position as He had in the beginning. It is said in John 1:1, "He was with God and was God." After He went back to God, His old position was restored.

But, i would like to know what nature of Jesus Christ made Him see through a man and find what was in his mind. Also he said, he knew what was in a man.
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Re: Jesus: God incarnate is Fully man ~ Fully God

anna motupalli wrote:
However, He said he is going back to the same position as He had in the beginning. Because it is said in John 1:1, "He was with God and was God." After He went back to God, His old position was restored.

Since we are in Him and some of us happen to be still spotted with carnality, He is not ready to be united with God as yet. After the return of Jesus in glory and the thousand year rule (i believe) He will only then hand over the kingdom to the Father when we with Jesus will be united with the Father.

Quote:

But, i would like to know what nature of Jesus Christ made Him see through a man and find what was in his mind. Also he said, he knew what was in a man.

I remember you telling me once that in Medical Science there is such a thing as not knowing the Pathology (abnormal tissue) without knowing the Histology (normal tissue). To illustrate what i mean by being normal, Jesus was not a eunuch. There must have been occasions when He must have been turned on by seeing beautiful women.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:30 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

The Zygote of Jesus

Please follow the link below as my views on the Zygote of Jesus have changed:

How i turned from Agnosticism to Christ

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:56 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

"Before Abraham was, I AM"

Brother Keith James wrote:
Quote:
At the burning bush, when God spoke to Moses, telling him that He was sending him to the Israelites in Egypt to deliver them out of bondage, Moses asked God who he shall say was sending him. God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you” (Exodus 3:14). In John, chapter 8, John describes a scene where Jesus was responding to the Pharisee’s criticisms. They thought they had caught Him out when He told them that He had seen Abraham. He said:
Quote:

56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad." 57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!" 58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds (John 8:56-59).

He didn’t say, “Before Abraham was born, I was”, or “before Abraham was, I already existed.” No, instead He deliberately used the same name translated into Greek, EGO AMI, the name by which God had revealed Himself to the Israelites, the Great I AM. Notice how they responded to this statement. They took up stones to stone Him for blasphemy, because He was claiming to be God.

It is very clear that those Jews did not understand Him correctly then as well as now. EGO AMI (the Great I AM) transcends both time and space. So Jesus who was with God before the world began or before time began was saying that before Abraham was born, He existed (Micah 5:2) and that too as the right Arm of the Father as we discussed earlier.

Eternal life hinges on an understanding of who He is. If you believe that He is like all other men who has sinned at some point in time, you have no hope because there is no redeemer for you. On the other hand, if you believe He is a God, then He is not a perfect sacrifice for your sins. So either way you lose. The middle ground is, as a matter of fact, the right perspective: He was with God, and WAS God. He emptied Himself of His divinity and became man (Phil 2:6 ff; John 1:14). The Son of God (or the right Arm of God) became incarnate in order to become the perfect sacrifice for you and for me.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Credits

I credit Reverend Brother Berty Dutt of Hebron, Hyderabad, who was the one who taught me in Rehoboth Prayer House about Jesus being the Arm of God and how the Father severed the Arm when He saw sin on it, in keeping with Matthew 5:29-30.

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: