రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם
"He who eats this bread will live forever" (Jn6:58b;1:1,14)

Skyfeast eCommunion: A new liturgy on flextime basis
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index
రొట్టెల ఇల్లు | House of Bread | בית לחם Forum Index What Christians believe (Theology) Seventh Day Sabbath?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm
Caleb
Site Admin

Seventh Day Sabbath?

A conversation between me (Caleb) and Martin who believes in Seventh Day Sabbath went like this:

Martin: hello Caleb. how are you bro? what on earth is Eschatology?

Caleb: Specifically i am interested in the Second Coming of Christ and Judgment.

Martin: okay thanks. shabbat shalom...

Martin: may God bless you with overflowing wisdom.

Caleb: Thank you Brother Martin! But do know that i believe you are identifying with the bond-woman (Gal 4:21-31).

Martin: you got me wrong again. Galations 4:21-31 identifies the children of God as promised to Abraham thru Sarah, his wife and not Ishmael, son of Hagar, who is the father of the islamic nation. that's why i ask God to bless you with wisdom to add to your prodigous INTELLECT.

Martin: what does Hagar have to do with what we are talking about? if it concerns the LAW, know this, the Law was never abolished by Jesus Who wrote the Law! He simply FULFILLED it!

Caleb: No bro. By saying shabbat shalom you are identifying with Mount Sinai. Those who are free identify with John 13:34.

Martin: you are intellectualizing the BIBLE. as i said, Yeshuah never abolished what HE wrote 2x with His own finger. i love Israel, i love the Jews, i love adventists, i love born again Christians. the Pharisees were just threatened by Jesus because they did not recognize HIM-the WORD as the CREATOR-John 1 because their Hearts were not right-self righteousness. if Shabbat Shalom offends you, tear out the old testament from your BIBLE. pleasant day...

Martin: God is not a man like you and me that He would change his mind. there are 10 commandments. if you want to follow the Anti-Christ in Rome, the POPE who changed the SABBATH(4th commandment) into sunday for worship, then that is your choice. Shabbat Shalom.

Caleb: Please read Gal 4:21-31 on your knees. And also Matthew 9:17. Show me where lust is mentioned in the 10 and i will show you where Sunday Sabbath is mentioned in Matthew 9:17. We need to go by the spirit not by the letter.

(I meant to tell Martin that God was telling Jesus through Matthew 9:17 to operate His Church in a FRAMEWORK that is different from that of the Synagogue of the Jews. This will enable a "level playing field" for everyone without giving the Jews an advantage over the Gentiles who are new to the keeping of the Law.)

Martin: by what spirit? the Holy Spirit guides me into all Truth and not Heresy. you mentioned Lust, not me. and this is not the SUBJECT. the subject-the Sabbath. the WORD WHO is YESHUA is absolute truth. i.e., it does not change with seasons and time because it is ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Martin: Yeshuah never mentioned changing the Sabbath, God's Holy day to sunday. where is it written He did? loving God with all your heart and your neighbor fulfills the Law and the Prophets. but it does NOT CHANGE the law.

Caleb: Sabbath is made for man not man for the Sabbath. If the seventh day is not suitable then man may chose another day! Seventh day has been found to be not suitable as it forces one who worships on that day to identify with the so-called "circumcision".

Martin: okay, then remove the 4th commandment from the 10. God is not a man that HE would change His mind. the muslim scholars will have a feast on you and they will rip you apart. they can not refute the wisdom God has given me because i believe the BIBLE is Absolute Truth. you believe in relevant truth.

Martin: you nor the POPE can change what YESHUA, WHO is the WORD, inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT has written in the BIBLE. nor can you INTELLECTUALIZE it. GOD's WORD WHO is YESHUAH is ABSOLUTE TRUTH! and you will know the truth, and the TRUTH=YESHUAH, will set you free.

Caleb: The Holy Spirit can change the Sabbath if it is not found to be suitable.

Martin: that is absolutely False Doctrine. where in the BIBLE is that written?

Caleb: Yes, that is what i am trying to say: All you adventists are legalists like the Pharisees. If it is not written in the Bible about lust you say it is okay to lust--you have not committed adultery.

Martin: if it was not suitable from the "beginning"-GENESIS. it would not have been written. as i said God is not a man Who changes His mind. neither can YESHUAH, Creator of heaven and earth make a mistake. you Sir are finding "loopholes" to support what is not Biblical.

Caleb: Read Gen 6:6

Caleb: Also Jonah 3:9-10

Martin: Gen 6:6 does not say that God can change His Mind but that He was grieved because of man's sinfulness. and so NOAH, the flood. pleasant day bro. God bless you with wisdom!

Martin: who said it is okay to lust? you said that! not me! do not twist the TRUTH!

Martin: Adventist are legalists like Pharisees? which adventist do you know by NAME told you it is okay to luist? you are inventing stuff Sir. and in defense of adventists i say may the Lord rebuke you! i am not eb=ven an adventist Caleb! i just believe in keeping the Sabbath! as i said, muslim scholars will rip you apart. may God bless you with WISDOM!

Caleb: Don't avoid Jonah 3:9-10.

If an adventist lived in the time of Jesus, he would have told Jesus: "Lust is not adultery because it is not in the 10." Likewise you are saying Sunday is not sabbath ordained by the Holy Spirit.

Caleb: You need to kneel down and pray more that God reveal His truth to you. I got to go to bed now. I think it is bedtime for you as well. You have a nice family. Take good care of them.

Martin: thou shalt not commit adultery is about lust Sir Caleb! you have now began judging people by denomination.

Caleb: What's more, Jesus will judge nations. Good night!

Martin: and who are you Caleb Sir to judge Adventists? are you without SIN? are perfect? you are only good in twisting TRUTH!

Martin: you diverted everything because you could not defend your argument on the Sabbath. as i said, muslim scholars will rip you to shreds because you rely on INTELLECT and not on the Holy Spirit, Who will guide you into all TRUTH WHO is YESHUAH! good evening Sir! pleasant day! and God bless you even for casting careless judgement on BRETHREN WHO ARE MORE RIGHTEOUS THAN YOU!

Martin: Yes. Jesus will judge nations. the whole world Caleb. but what has that to do with the Sabbath?

Martin: what you said... the Holy Spirit can change the SABBATH if it is not found to be suitable. is absolutely FALSE DOCTRINE!

Martin: God's WORD-Yeshuah does not change like shifting SHADOWS as you believe

Martin: May the Holy Spirit guide us into all TRUTH. and may Jesus be glorified in our lives thru obedience and not our knowledge. God bless...

Caleb: ‎"My people perish due to lack of knowledge."

A parallel conversation was taking place elsewhere on this very subject and i am reposting it here FYI:

Don't read Heb 4:4 (For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works") OUT OF CONTEXT. Continue to read Heb 4:5-10 NKJV -- "and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest." Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts." For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His."

He (Holy Spirit) designates a certain day (different from the seventh day) calling it "TODAY" which happened to be a Sunday.

Martin: Hebrews 4 is about SALVATION, Obedience. it does not say that God changed the SABBATH to sunday.

Caleb: But it does say: do not harden your hearts...

Martin: if you read what i said- Heb 4 is abt Salvation and Obedience. you might as well erase the 4th commandment from the 10. to do good on a Sabbath, like any other day is what Jesus preached. He did not ABOLISH the law. the Law still stands to remind sinners and backsliders what is DETESTABLE to God. joyous day bro...

Caleb: Indeed it is about Salvation and Obedience.

Martin: Amen. saved by Grace through Faith in Christ Jesus! blessed day to you Sir...

Caleb: i.e. Sunday Sabbath is not a suggestion. it is a commandment that must be obeyed by nations.

Martin: that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE DOCTRINE sir!

Martin: where in the BIBLE is that written sir?

Martin: where in the BIBLE is that written sir?

Caleb: You are like the Pharisee that says to Jesus, where is Lust mentioned in the Old Testament. Don't you get it?

Martin: you TWIST the TRUTH which is God's Word Who is Jesus Christ. again i ask you sir, where in the BIBLE is it written that Jesus had changed the Sabbath into sunday and commanded us to break the 4th commandment?

Martin: thou shall not covet- is about lust sir.

Caleb: but Jesus raised the bar (changed) and said it is about adultery

Martin: Lust and Adultery are the same thing. you sir Twist the TRUTH.

Caleb: You are the one twisting the truth to suit your own argument. At one time you say Lust is mentioned in the 10th commandment and then you say it is in the 7th.

Martin: read what i post sir. i said lust is in the 10 commandments because covetousness is the same as lust. i ask you again, where in the BIBLE DID JESUS CHANGE the SABBATH TO SUNDAY AND COMMAND US TO DO so? as you posted?

Caleb: Why should the Pharisees even believe in Jesus.

Martin: please answer my question sir?

Caleb: But there is nowhere where it says covetousness is lust.

Caleb: I am just giving you a dose of your own medicine.

Martin: thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife. is that not the same as thou shalt not lust after thy neighbor's wife? if you commit adultery, is not lust involved? again, where in the BIBLE did Yeshua change the Sabbath to sunday?

Martin: have a blessed joyous day sir...

Caleb: It says thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife but it does not say i cannot lust after an unmarried woman. As for the 7th commandment adultery only means when i have a sexual intercourse with my next door neighbor's wife.

Martin: Jesus: if you look at a woman lustfully, you have already commited ADULTERY with her in you heart. TRUTH is simple really. blessed day to you sir.

Caleb: We are going in circles: Why should the Pharisees even believe in Jesus?

Martin: i can see that you are a PHILOSOPHER sir. good day to you.

Caleb: I am only a humble servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Martin: i believe you are a good man Caleb. God bless you sir. shalom.

~Most of our problems will be solved if only we yield our freewill to the Lord's will.~
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: